Wonder what the University of Michigan School of Public Health is really like? Here's where you find out, as students share their passions, activities, and insights (more SPH blogs also available). Click on a student to read his or her blog.
Blogroll for UM SPH Students, Faculty, Alumni
- Public Health Frontlines - from two sets of students, staff, and faculty while they are out in the field, practicing public health over the 2013 spring break in both Grenada and Texas.
- Mind the Science Gap 2012: 10 students participating in the SPH course 'Communicating Science through Social Media' post weekly to learn to translate complex science into something a broad audience can appreciate. Comments welcome.
- The Sweetest Vegan - vlog by UM SPH alum Tasha Edwards, a 2011 YouTube Next Chef competition winner.
- Understanding Medicare blogs include many posts by U-M SPH law and health policy expert Peter Jacobson, including analysis of the historic June 2012 health care reform decision from the Supreme Court.
- Spring 2012 SPH Faculty Trip to China CDCs
Healthcare Learning Experience (GHLE) - HMP students on an exchange program to Germany during spring break 2012.
- UM Rackham Graduate School blogs, with Ebony and Laura, Ph.D. students from SPH
- UM Risk Science Center blog
- UM Public Health Library blog
- UM Career Center blog - for current and recent students, w/ tips for building your network, telling your story, presenting the best you.
- Greater > Than Endurance - endurance athletes focused on training, racing, nutrition, recovery, and the lifestyle, written by UM SPH student Brad Stulberg.
- Brendan Nyhan, Political Scientist and Media Critic - blog by former Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in Health Policy Research at the University of Michigan.
- 2020 Science - blog about emerging science and technology written by Andrew Maynard, a new EHS faculty member and director of the UM Risk Science Center.
- IHI Open School Blog - University of Michigan Chapter - an interdisciplinary group of graduate students (medicine/nursing/sph/ business/social work, etc) with interests in healthcare quality improvement and patient safety.
- Omosalewa Oyelaran's Botswana blog - Omosalewa Oyelaran received her MPH/MHSA in 2007 in health behavior and health education and health management and policy. She'll serve as a Peace Corps volunteer in Botswana until 2012.
- UM SPH Epidemiology Student Organization - Current UM SPH students posts.
- UM Students Engaged in Global Health
- Assorted UM alumni blogs from Michigan Today.
Also of Interest
When you follow us on Twitter, you'll get auto updates of student blog posts, events posted to the calendar, notices from the Office of Academic Affairs, major research findings, and anything else we tweet...
The opinions expressed in any post or comment on this blog web site are those of the author alone and do not represent the opinions of the University of Michigan. The University of Michigan may monitor this blog about the information you’ll find or delete inappropriate content. Any information provided in this blog is offered “AS IS” with no warranties, and no rights are conferred to you. You assume all risk for your use.
This page is maintained by UM SPH Office of Communications and Web Services. Contact Us
© 2010 Regents of the University of Michigan