EPID643: Surveillance and Publicly Available Datasets
- Graduate level
- Residential and Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a first year course for Online students
- Fall term(s) for residential students; Fall term(s) term for online MPH students; Fall term(s) term for online MS students.
- 1 Credit Hour(s) for residential students; 1 Credit Hour(s) for online MPH students for residential students; 1 Credit Hour(s) for online MS students
- Instructor(s): Mondul, Alison (Residential); Buxton, Miatta (Online MPH); Buxton, Miatta (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: EPID 600
- Description: This course includes an introduction to publicly available datasets and their use in epidemiologic research. Students will be introduced to datasets and will do in-class exercises using these data. This course consists of lectures, in-class exercises, quizzes, and a final written assignment.
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||EPID||General Epidemiology||MPH||Apply core aspects of field methods in epidemiology (e.g., survey design, sampling and power, surveillance)||EPID642, EPID643||Population and Health Sciences||MPH||Compare population health indicators across subpopulations, time, and data sources||PUBHLTH515, BIOSTAT592, EPID590, EPID592, EPID643, BIOSTAT595, BIOSTAT501||Population and Health Sciences||MPH||Estimate population health indicators from high quality data resources from diverse sources||PUBHLTH515, EPID643, NUTR590, BIOSTAT592, BIOSTAT501|