Description: Students conduct independent research on a specific public health topic under the supervision of a public health faculty member.
Course Goals: The goals of this course are to:
1. Introduce undergraduate students to public health research;
2. Provide students an opportunity to gain experience conducting public health research;
3. Improve students' ability to communicate public health information in written form;
4. Improve students' ability to locate, use, evaluate, and synthesize public health information.
Competencies: Please see above course goals
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will:
1. Understand how to form a research question;
2. Be able to identify relevant literature or data sources to address a research question;
3. Better understand the role of data in understanding public health problems.