Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
Description: This course builds on the premise that in order to improve the public's health, we need to create a new economy - a public health economy. To develop new business models for improving public health we need to understand the role innovation plays in business generally and startup culture specifically.
Course Goals: 1. Gain an understanding of the business model canvas and deep understanding of the value proposition canvas and customer segments section.
2. Develop understanding of various team roles in a startup as well as other non-staff support including developing an effective board, and advisors.
3. Develop basic understanding of sales, lead generation and how to acquire early customers.
4. Gain basic understanding of incorporation, set your venture up for investment and understand various options for financing.
5. Learn what it means to develop a scalable business
6. Gain basic understanding of the pathways for technology and other product development, including the importance of design.
Competencies: Field Knowledge & Assessment Domain:
Use legal reasoning
Professional Development Domain:
Actively seek feedback from others
Develop an accurate view of own strengths
Continuously push self
Address knowledge, skills, and other developmental gaps
Establish, build, and sustain a network for professional development.
Impact and Influence