Courses Taught by Carrie Karvonen-Gutierrez
PUBHLTH370: Public Health Biology and Pathophysiology
- Undergraduate level
- Fall term(s)
- 4 Credit Hour(s)
- Instructor(s): Karvonen-Gutierrez, Carrie
- Prerequisites: None.
- Description: This course provides a foundation of biology and pathophysiology concepts necessary for the practice of public health including an evaluation of the natural history and mechanisms underlying infectious and chronic human diseases. This course will also address population-level targets for prevention and treatment of major diseases of human health.
- Syllabus for PUBHLTH370
PUBHLTH512: Principles of Epidemiology for Public Health
- Graduate level
- Fall, Winter term(s) for residential students; Fall term only for online students.
- 3 Credit Hour(s)
- Instructor(s): Karvonen-Gutierrez, Carrie Pearce, C. Leigh
- Prerequisites: SPH MPH and SPH MHSA Residential Students Only or By Instructor Permission
- Advisory Prerequisites: BIOSTAT 501 or equivalent course
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- This course is Both Residential and Online
- Description: This course provides a foundation to the principles of epidemiology for applications to public health. This introductory epidemiology course is for students who are NOT pursuing an Epidemiology MPH. The course will overview the fundamental concepts of epidemiology including measures of frequency and association, study design, data collection and interpretation. This course will have a hybrid style (online & in-class) of instruction.
- This course required for the school-wide core curriculum
- Syllabus for PUBHLTH512
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||EHS||Industrial Hygiene||MS||Analyze, interpret, and apply statistical and epidemiological data||PUBHLTH512, EPID601, Thesis|