Courses Taught by Trivellore Raghunathan
BIOSTAT501: Introduction to Biostatistics
- Graduate level
- Residential and Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a first year course for Online students
- Fall term(s) for residential students; Fall term(s) term for online MPH students; Fall term(s) term for online MS students.
- 3 Credit Hour(s) for residential students; 3 Credit Hour(s) for online MPH students for residential students; 3 Credit Hour(s) for online MS students
- Instructor(s): Raghunathan, Trivellore (Residential); Braun, Thomas (Online MPH); Braun, Thomas (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: SPH MPH or permission of instructor
- Description: Statistical methods and principles necessary for understanding and interpreting data used in public health and policy evaluation and formation. Topics include descriptive statistics, graphical data summary, sampling, statistical comparison of groups, correlation, and regression. Students will learn via lecture, group discussions, critical reading of published research, and analysis of data.
- This course required for the school-wide core curriculum
- Syllabus for BIOSTAT501
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||Population and Health Sciences||MPH||Compare population health indicators across subpopulations, time, and data sources||PUBHLTH515, BIOSTAT592, EPID590, EPID592, EPID643, BIOSTAT595, BIOSTAT501||Population and Health Sciences||MPH||Estimate population health indicators from high quality data resources from diverse sources||PUBHLTH515, EPID643, NUTR590, BIOSTAT592, BIOSTAT501|