Courses Taught by Zhenke Wu
BIOSTAT594: Applied Generalized Linear Models
- Graduate level
- Both Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a first year course for Online students
- Fall term(s) term for online MPH students; Fall term(s) term for online MS students.
- 3 Credit Hour(s) for online MPH students for residential students; 3 Credit Hour(s) for online MS students
- Instructor(s): Wu, Zhenke (Online MPH); Wu, Zhenke (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: BIOSTAT501, BIOSTAT591, BIOSTAT592
- Description: This course introduces public health Master's students to generalized linear models to analyze binary, discrete, ordinal, count, survival outcomes.The primary emphasis will be interpretation, inference and hands-on data analyses. We will use R to analyze public health datasets, evaluate regression assumptions, and assess model fit.
- Learning Objectives: 1. Understand the context where non-continuous outcome data are generated, identify the most relevant aspects of these data that require modeling and formulate a scientific question in terms of one or a few model parameters 2. To develop the ability to use R to analyze public health data using GLM 3. Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy or practice
- This course is cross-listed with .
BIOSTAT653: Theory and Application of Longitudinal Analysis.
- Graduate level
- Fall term(s) for residential students;
- 3 Credit Hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Wu, Zhenke (Residential);
- Prerequisites: BIOSTAT650 and concurrent enrollment in BIOSTAT651
- Description: This course overviews the statistical models and methodologies for analyzing repeated measures/longitudinal data. It covers general linear models and linear mixed models for analyzing correlated continuous data, as well as marginal (i.e. GEE), conditional (i.e. generalized linear mixed model) and transition models for analyzing correlated discrete data.
- Syllabus for BIOSTAT653
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||BIOSTAT||MPH||Perform ANOVA analysis and longitudinal data analysis||BIOSTAT653||BIOSTAT||MS||Perform ANOVA analysis and longitudinal data analysis||BIOSTAT653||BIOSTAT||PhD||Perform statistical analysis for longitudinal data and correlated data||BIOSTAT653|