Policies, Procedures, & Forms
Students should always consult with their specific SPH department regarding degree program requirements. This section of the current students site is intended to provide academic information relevant to and coordinated across SPH departments.
- Core Curriculum Policy - addresses foundational competencies and learning objectives required by the Council on Education for Public Health. For students beginning Fall, 2018 and later.
- Core Requirements & Exemption Exams - Courses required of all SPH degree-seeking students (including MS and PhD students), as well as exemption exams.
- Breadth/Integration/Capstone (BIC) - additional requirement for M.P.H. and M.H.S.A. students who started before Fall, 2018.
- Policies and Procedures for MPH & MHSA Students
- Academic Calendar/Student Registration Deadlines
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- University of Michigan Office of the Registrar
- Program for Education and Evaluation in Responsible Research and Scholarship (PEERRS)
- Late Drop, Late Add, Late Swap, or Late Edit (grading scale or audit) Requests
The SPH Registrar is available to provide guidance to students in M.P.H., M.H.S.A., or Dr.P.H. programs on graduation policies, academic requirements, registration, and enrollment. The SPH registrar is responsible for managing SPH student records, course registration, degree audits, and certifications. Students enrolled in Rackham or other programs are encouraged to contact their department program coordinator with questions.
- Transfer Credit Request (PDF)
- Application for Readmission (PDF)
- Credit Reduction Request
- Application for Public Health (Non-Rackham) Program Change
- Self-Initiated Dual Degree Request
- Course Overload Request
- Exemption/Substitution Request (PDF)
- Drop/Add/Modify/Swap Course Election Form (PDF)
Obtain these forms at the UM Office of the Registrar, SPH Office for Student Engagement and Practice Registrar, or from your Department Program Coordinator:
- Withdrawal Slips