Admitted Graduate Students
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Michigan School of Public Health.
Starting graduate school is a huge milestone, and we've compiled a list of tasks and resources to help you get started on your new life at U-M SPH.
At Michigan Public Health, we are pursuing a healthier, more equitable world for all. Join us. You can also connect with current and other admitted students through our Admitted Student Facebook Group.
Remember to pay your $200 enrollment deposit via Wolverine Access by April 15 to hold your place in the Fall 2018 incoming class.
Contact a member of our Admissions Team if you have any questions or concerns as you weigh your graduate school options: Mary Beth Carroll (email@example.com or 734-763-3860). In addition, each department has a Student Administrative Coordinator who can provide you with information regarding your program.
Admitted Student Day Recap
Admitted Student Day was held Saturday, March 10. If you were unable to attend - or if you would just like to relive it - please check out the video below. In the video, you will learn about the people, resources and opportunities available to you as a Michigan Public Health student.
Admitted Student Checklist
We look forward to welcoming you in person as a student. Before you arrive on campus, there are some things you can do to make your experience smooth and seamless. Please use the checklists below:
Pre-April 15th Deadline
- Pay your enrollment deposit and accept or decline your admission offer through your Wolverine Access Friend Account
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe sender email list
- Fill out the FAFSA to receive consideration for federal financial aid loans (the sooner the better). Additional funding leads can be found here, but some will require a UM Uniqname and password first.
- If you received an incoming student award, please note that UM-SPH adheres to the ASPPH Resolution on Acceptances of an Offer of Financial Support (MPH/MHSA) and The Council of Graduate Schools resolution (MS/PhD) which states that agreeing schools cannot pressure an offer decision prior to April 15th. If you are being pressured by an agreeing school to decide prior to April 15th, please let the ASPPH or CSG know.
After accepting your admission offer (or post-April 15th)
- International Students - Review funding requirements for I-20 issuance
- International Students - After paying enrollment deposit, please complete the Financial Resources Statement and Affidavit of Financial Resources. Forms for Fall 2017 will be available in February.
- If your offer e-mail stated that you must submit an official transcript for proof of your undergraduate degree conferral, please mail to: SPH Admissions, Office for Student Engagement and Practice,1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029
- Find housing. Looking for a roommate? Add yourself to the "sph-marketplace" e-mail group (@umich.edu, once your UM Uniqname is created).
- Prepare for exemption exams (information will be sent over summer)
- Obtain your M Identification Card (MCard). Additional information can be obtained from the MCard website
- Contact Student Services if you have any questions or would like to set up a visit to campus
- Register your laptop with the University Police
- Attend orientation.
- Register for classes - The registration appointment for incoming Master's students will be Monday, August 7, 2017 at 8:00 AM.
- Visit our Financial Aid page to learn more about potential funding opportunities at U-M SPH.
- Check out opportunities for student employment through the University; search for Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and Graduate Student Staff Assistant (GSSA) positions.
- Become familiar with U-M's academic calendar.
- Learn about student health insurance options and the University Health Service. Submit your Immunization Form.
- Learn about Student Computing Services at U-M.
- Visit Career Development to explore career opportunities.