BIOSTAT866: Advanced Topics in Genetic Modeling
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Zoellner, Sebastian (Residential);
- Not offered 2022-2023
- Prerequisites: Biostat 601, Biostat 602, Biostat 666 or Perm. Instr.
- Description: Advanced topics in quantitative genetics with emphasis on models for gene mapping, pedigree analysis, reconstruction of evolutionary trees, and molecular genetics experiments, computational mathematics, and statistical techniques such as Chen-Stein Poisson approximations, hidden Markov chains, and the EM algorithm introduced as needed.
- Syllabus for BIOSTAT866