EHS570: Water Quality Management
- Graduate level
- Residential and Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a second year course for Online students
- Fall term(s) for residential students; Winter term(s) for online MPH students; Winter term(s) for online MS students.
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students; 2 credit hour(s) for online MPH students; 2 credit hour(s) for online MS students;
- Instructor(s): Xi, Chuanwu (Residential); Xi, Chuanwu (Online MPH); Xi, Chuanwu (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: None
- Description: Principles of science and engineering used in the evaluation and control of water quality. Includes current legislation, types of pollution, sources and nature of pollution, introduction to water quality management practices, water supply and treatment, hydrologic concepts, effects of waste discharge on receiving waters, lake management, and water quality criteria and standards.
- Learning Objectives: not a new course
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||EHS||Environmental Quality, Sustainability, and Health||MPH||Evaluate environmental quality and health, including environmental standards on air and water quality, and their effects on individual, community and global health||EHS582, EHS570|