EHS687: Professional Development in Environmental Health Sciences I
- Graduate level
- Fall term(s) for residential students;
- 0.5 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Robins, Thomas (Residential);
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: The course is open to all EHS MPH students who are in the 1st term of their 1st year in the program.
- Description: This course is an introduction to professional development. Students will learn about: many aspects of the Department of Environmental Health Sciences, and resources available in SPH and in the broader U-M environment. It includes introductions to required Learning Agreements, Internships, and the Applied Practical Experience (APEx).
- Learning Objectives: Students who complete this class are expected to be able to do the following: - Define their internship interests and pursue internship that fulfills APEx requirements - Produce professional documents (e.g. resume) to facilitate obtaining an internship - Identify and access available career and library resources - Prepare to meet APEx requirements by learning about APEx plans, learning agreements, and products.