EPID507: Microbial Control: Sterilization, Disinfection and Manipulation
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Rickard, Alex (Residential);
- Last offered Winter 2020
- Not offered 2021-2022
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: Introductory classes in microbiology and biochemistry - contact instructor if in doubt
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: The influence of microorganisms on human-health is significant and control strategies often rely on the use of physical (heat, UV, etc) and chemical (antimicrobial, antibiofilm, etc) technologies. This course will focus on such endeavors with particular focus on broad acting antimicrobials (less emphasis on antibiotics) and new/remerging microbial control technologies.