EPID525: Clinical and Diagnostic Microbiology
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 Credit Hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Newton, Duane (Residential);
- Last offered Winter 2017
- Prerequisites: At least 1 prior microbiology course or permission of the instructor
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: This course describes methods used by clinical and public health microbiologists to detect clinically relevant microorganisms in patient specimens, and how this information is used in patient management. Students will gain an understanding of processes by which microbiology data is generated and its relevance to clinicians and epidemiologists.