EPID582: Molecular Epidemiology
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Offered Every Winter
- Last offered Winter 2022
- Prerequisites: (EPID 600 and 601) or PUBHLTH 512
- Description: Provide an overview of cutting-edge approaches for microbial genomic analysis, with a focus on their application in the emerging field of genomic epidemiology. Lectures will be reinforced with discussions and extensive hands-on training. Students will gain experience on the command-line and in performing downstream analysis and visualization in R.
- Learning Objectives: Not applicable
- This course is cross-listed with MICROBIO 582 in the Microbiology department.
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||EPID||Hospital and Molecular Epidemiology||MPH||Evaluate the use of different molecular tools in an outbreak investigation||EPID582||EPID||Hospital and Molecular Epidemiology||MPH||Appropriately interpret the results of a molecular measure used in an epidemiologic study||EPID582|