EPID592: Introduction to Spatial Epidemiology and GIS for Public Health
- Graduate level
- Both Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a second year course for Online students
- Fall term(s) for online MPH students; Fall term(s) for online MS students.
- 4 credit hour(s) for online MPH students; 4 credit hour(s) for online MS students;
- Instructor(s): Zelner, Jonathan (Online MPH); Zelner, Jonathan (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: None
- Description: In this class, students will be exposed to the conceptual foundations of spatial analysis in public health and will develop familiarity with spatial data manipulation and visualization using GIS software.’
- Learning Objectives: 1. Develop familiarity with the historical and conceptual foundations of modern spatial epidemiology. 2. Learn about the different types of spatial data used in epidemiology and public health. 3. Obtain, load, and visualize spatial datasets using ArcGIS Online.
|Department||Program||Degree||Competency||Specific course(s) that allow assessment||Population and Health Sciences||MPH||Compare population health indicators across subpopulations, time, and data sources||PUBHLTH515, BIOSTAT592, EPID590, EPID592, EPID643, BIOSTAT595, BIOSTAT501|