EPID621: Cancer Epidemiology
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Mondul, Alison (Residential);
- Last offered Winter 2020
- Prerequisites: EPID 503, EPID 600 or PUBHLTH 512; or PhD standing
- Description: The course will review the socio-demographic magnitude of cancer, basic concepts of cancer biology and the causes of cancer. Methods for evaluating genetic factors, tobacco, alcohol, radiation, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, viruses and nutrition will be reviewed in lectures and by classroom discussion of selected publications.