EPID636: Cancer Risk and Epidemiology Modeling
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Brouwer, Andrew Meza Rodriguez, Rafael (Residential);
- Last offered Fall 2021
- Prerequisites: BIOSTAT 560 or permission from the instructor
- Description: This course will introduce 1) the concepts of multistage carcinogenesis and the analysis of cancer epidemiology using mathematical models of carcinogenesis; 2) the analysis of cancer prevention strategies using Markov cancer natural history models. Students will learn how to develop and fit multistage and cancer natural history models in R.