EPID706: Mixed Methods In Epidemiologic Research
- Graduate level
- Summer term(s) for residential students;
- 1 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Staff (Residential);
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: An entry-level qualitative research course or equivalent experience is helpful. In addition, an introduction to quantitative research such as a course on statistics and research design or equivalent experience is helpful.
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: Participants will gain knowledge of the foundations of mixed methods research, mixed methods quality criteria, major mixed methods research designs, the value added of mixed methods research, and legitimation and validation concepts. Through an interactive, problem-based approach, attendees will develop skills in designing a mixed methods study throughout the course.
- Learning Objectives: The intent of this course is to provide an overview of mixed methods research to learners who already have some familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research