EPID708: Machine Learning for Epidemiologic Analysis in the Era of Big Data
- Graduate level
- Summer term(s) for residential students;
- 1 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Staff (Residential);
- Last offered Summer 2016
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: Introductory course in statistics as well as courses or working knowledge of basic regressions (linear, logistic, etc.). Having some background in the programming language R preferred.
- Description: Course focuses on advances in machine learning and its application to causal inference and prediction via Targeted Learning, which allows the use of machine learning algorithms for prediction and estimating so-called causal parameters, such as average treatment effects, optimal treatment regimes, etc. We will discuss implementation via cloud computing.