EPID719: Quantitative Methods in Genetic Epidemiology
- Graduate level
- Summer term(s) for residential students;
- 1 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Ruiz-Narvaez, Edward Staff (Residential);
- Prerequisites: EPID 701 or EPID 503 or EPID 600 or EPID 601 AND EPID 709 or BIOSTAT 501 or BIOSTAT 521
- Description: This course familiarizes students with methods and principles of genetic and epigenetic epidemiology. The course integrates concepts in human genetics, population genetics, epidemiology and biostatistics. The course will emphasize applications of existing methods. Topics to be included are population genetics, gene-environment interaction, genetic and epigenetic association studies, and social epigenomics.