EPID780: Applied Epidemiologic Analysis For Causal Inference
- Graduate level
- Summer term(s) for residential students;
- 1 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Staff (Residential);
- Prerequisites: students should have at least one basic epidemiology course with a working knowledge of regression and other standard statistical methodology common in basic epidemiological analysis.
- Advisory Prerequisites: EPID 701 or EPID 503 or EPID 600 or EPID 601 AND EPID 709 or BIOSTAT 501 or BIOSTAT 521
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: This course focuses on concepts and application of potential outcomes for the estimation of causal parameters in epidemiologic research. Emphasis is on understanding the causal quantities, specifying the corresponding models, and interpreting the resulting estimates. Some simple code in Stata will be shown throughout, but no specific software background is required.