EPID798: Epidemiologic Data Analysis using R
- Graduate level
- Summer term(s) for residential students;
- 1 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Park, Sung Kyun (Residential);
- Last offered Summer 2018
- Prerequisites: Introductory level courses in Epidemiology (e.g., EPID 503 or EPID 600) and Biostatistics (e.g., BIOSTAT 503 or BIOSTAT 553). Experience in the use of Windows-based microcomputers. No experience of R is required.
- Description: This course will introduce the R statistical programming language for epidemiologic data analysis. R is a freely available, versatile, and powerful program for statistical computing and graphics. This course will focus on core basics of organizing, managing, and manipulating data; basic graphics in R; and descriptive methods and regression models widely used in epidemiology.