HBEHED540: Fundamentals of Reproductive Health
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Lauren Owens (Residential);
- Offered every year
- Not offered 2023-2024
- Prerequisites: Recommend prior human physiol course
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: The course provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of reproductive health, in the USA and internationally. The course will introduce students to historical trends in the global burden of reproductive ill-health, the social ecology of reproductive risk, clinical health practice, and current controversies in policy and practice. Through a comparative look at reproductive health needs (e.g. maternal morbidity, contraceptive use, STI care and HIV-related services), in a range of diverse social settings, we will critically examine the logic and impact of current international standards for RH policy and practice.
- Syllabus for HBEHED540