HBEHED633: Social Networks and Social Support in Health Education
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Caldwell, Cleo (Residential);
- Not offered 2022-2023
- Prerequisites: Perm. Instr. and Grad Status
- Description: Review and analysis of theory and empirical evidence concerning social networks and social support and their relationship to health status and health behavior. Examines utilization of social networks in health education programs, e.g., family network interventions, self-help groups, "natural helpers", community organizing.