HBEHED640: Community Organization for Health Education
- Graduate level
- Fall term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Israel, Barbara (Residential);
- Offered every year
- Prerequisites: Perm. Instr. and Grad Status
- Description: Examines social and structural factors associated with health and illness; concepts and theories regarding planned change and community; and models and principles of community organization practice for health education. Several models of community organization are analyzed along the dimensions of: community diagnosis needs assessment, selection and implementation of action strategies, evaluation research, role of the professional and ethical considerations.