NUTR625: Nutrition and the Immune Response
- Graduate level
- Fall term(s) for residential students;
- 3 Credit Hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Mancuso, Peter (Residential);
- Prerequisites: any BIOLOGY course from 100-400
- Description: Food and nutritional status have a profound influence on immune function. Food and nutritional status can maintain immune homeostasis, contribute to immune suppression, enhance chronic inflammation, or provoke an allergic response.The course consists of lectures on basic principles of immunology and presentations and discussion of peer-reviewed literature.