PUBHLTH503: Service Learning for Health Professionals
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 2 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Staff (Residential);
- Not offered 2022-2023
- Prerequisites: None
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: An interdisciplinary service-based course required for all pharmacy students and elective for students of other health science disciplines. Learning experiences will focus on social justice and professional responsibilities for civic engagement. Through class participation, reflection, and guided discussions, students will explore issues of health disparities, poverty, and the medically under-served. Students participate in community service in addition to regular classroom discussion sessions.
- This course is cross-listed with PHARM 503, SW 573, KINESLGY 581, MOVESCI 481.