Courses Taught by Elyse Thulin
HBEHED530: Techniques of Survey Research
- Graduate level
- Both Residential and Online MPH
- This is a second year course for Online students
- Winter term(s) for residential students; Winter term(s) for online MPH students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students; 2 credit hour(s) for online MPH students;
- Instructor(s): Elyse Thulin (Residential);
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: Students should have completed at least one Biostatistics/Statistics course or will need permission of instructor
- Undergraduates are allowed to enroll in this course.
- Description: Techniques of survey research are introduced including survey design, modes of data collection, sampling, questionnaire construction, maintaining data quality, pretesting techniques, and ethical considerations of survey research. This course focuses on innovative data collection methods, skill-building interactive workshops and real world experiences from survey researchers in the field.
- Residential Syllabus for HBEHED530