Courses Taught by Howard Stein
EPID666: Health and Socioeconomic Development
- Graduate level
- Winter term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Stein, Howard (Residential);
- Offered Every Winter
- Last offered Winter 2021
- Not offered 2022-2023
- Prerequisites: Grad Status
- Description: Reviews links between health conditions and socioeconomic development in low-income countries and trends in health and development indicators; socio-economic determinants of health, including poverty and income, education, nutrition, fertility, and culture and behavior; impact of globalization in terms of neo-liberal policies, trade and capital flows and the urbanization and their growth of the informal economy; examines the effects of health changes on economic growth and development.
- This course is cross-listed with 662 in the CAAS department.