Courses Taught by Jonathan Zelner
PUBHLTH405: Social history of infectious disease
- Undergraduate level
- Fall term(s) for residential students;
- 3 credit hour(s) for residential students;
- Instructor(s): Jonathan Zelner (Residential);
- Not offered 2023-2024
- Prerequisites: None
- Description: We will focus on five specific pathogens that have had an outsize impact on the trajectory of human health and societies: Cholera, Polio, Tuberculosis, Influenza, and HIV.
- Learning Objectives: 1. Understand the concept of infectious disease "natural history" of infection. 2. Understand and enumerate key infectious diseases in human history. 3. Understand the key social and historical mechanisms underlying the emergence and transmission of infectious diseases.
- Syllabus for PUBHLTH405