Courses Taught by Wei Perng
NUTR596: Precision Nutrition Within A Lifecourse Epidemiological Framework
- Graduate level
- Both Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a second year course for Online students
- Winter term(s) for online MPH students; Winter term(s) for online MS students.
- 3 credit hour(s) for online MPH students; 3 credit hour(s) for online MS students;
- Instructor(s): Perng, Wei (Online MPH); Perng, Wei (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: None
- Advisory Prerequisites: NUTR595
- Description: Metabolic heterogeneity, or differences in metabolism, drives need for precision nutrition. In this course, we will learn about sources of metabolic heterogeneity and ways in which precision nutrition addresses this phenomenon across the life course.
- Learning Objectives: Define precision nutrition and explain how precision/personalized nutrition differs from the traditional field of nutrition and dietary assessment • Identify biological, behavioral, and environmental sources of metabolic heterogeneity • Apply lifecourse epidemiology conceptual frameworks to the study of metabolic heterogeneity