Courses Taught by Trivellore Raghunathan
BIOSTAT594: Applied Generalized Linear Models
- Graduate level
- Both Online MPH and Online MS
- This is a second year course for Online students
- Fall term(s) for online MPH students; Fall term(s) for online MS students.
- 3 credit hour(s) for online MPH students; 3 credit hour(s) for online MS students;
- Instructor(s): Raghunathan, Trivellore (Online MPH); Raghunathan, Trivellore (Online MS);
- Prerequisites: BIOSTAT501, BIOSTAT591, BIOSTAT592
- Description: This course introduces public health Master's students to generalized linear models to analyze binary, discrete, ordinal, count, survival outcomes.The primary emphasis will be interpretation, inference and hands-on data analyses. We will use R to analyze public health datasets, evaluate regression assumptions, and assess model fit.
- Learning Objectives: 1. Understand the context where non-continuous outcome data are generated, identify the most relevant aspects of these data that require modeling and formulate a scientific question in terms of one or a few model parameters 2. To develop the ability to use R to analyze public health data using GLM 3. Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy or practice
- This course is cross-listed with .