The biostatistics cluster has the following filesystems available for data storage.
Home directories are available on all compute nodes across the cluster over NFS. This is intended to be your working space and not long term storage.
- Quota: 50gb
- Backups: Nighly on incremental basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recovery
- Retention: For the life of your account
Each compute node has local diskspace in /tmp available for your use. Writing to this directory saves you from writing over the network via NFS. This directory is not backed up. Files that have not been accessed in the last 30 days will be deleted. Directories that are empty and were created over 30 days ago will be deleted.
- Quota: N/A
- Backups: Not backed up
- files - not accessed in the last 30 days will be deleted
- directories - empty and were created over 30 days ago will be deleted
The afs space available is the Umich IFS cell. There is a symlink in your home directory /home/uniqname/ifs that is your IFS user home directory. IFS is only available on the login nodes not on the compute nodes. This means that you will need to copy any scripts/data from your ifs space to your home directory that are required to run your job.
- Quota: 10GB
- Backups: see the ITS IFS Backup Policy
- Retenetion: Duration of your Umich Kerberos/IFS account