In partnership with national professional organizations, and community and stakeholder-led advisory committees, the Center of Excellence in Public Health Workforce Studies has engaged in many research projects, including:
- Serving as technical lead to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Health Resources and Services Administration on the most recent enumeration of the U.S. governmental public health workforce.
- Developing and conducting the 2012 Public Health Nurse Workforce Surveys in partnership with a national Public Health Nurse Workforce Advisory Committee.
- Collaborating with the Association of Public Health Laboratories to develop and conduct the 2011 National Laboratory Capacity Assessment.
- Assisting the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists with design and analysis of their periodic Epidemiology Capacity Assessments.
- Serving as a technical consultant to the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists for their 2011 National Assessment of Food Safety Epidemiology Capacity.
- Partnering with a community advisory board to develop, disseminate and analyze surveys enumerating and characterizing the maternal and child health workforce in Detroit, MI as part of the Maternal and Child Health Training Program.