Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS) 503
Research Responsibility and Ethics
Taught in fall term with sessions running September – December.
Course materials including case studies and podcast lectures are available online through CANVAS, and discussion will take place in small-group sessions offered at many different times throughout the semester.
NIH mandates 8 hours of discussion to include:
• Fraud, Fabrication, and Plagiarism
• Data Storage, Ownership, and Peer Review
• Animal Use and Care
• Human Subjects Research and IRBs
• Conflict of Interest
• Research in the Global Workplace
• Dual Use Issues
• Face-to-face discussion with PI about ethical practices particular to project/laboratory
Graduate Students: Register for PIBS 503 (1 credit) in Wolverine Access.
Postdoctoral Fellows, K99/K08 Awardees, UROP Students, PREP Scholars, and individuals renewing their training: DO NOT register for the course in Wolverine Access (you will receive a certificate, but not an official grade). Please contact the course administrator Michelle DiMondo (email@example.com) to request a spot in the course.