Description: Inquiry-based, hands-on problem solving in toxicology using computational approaches. After each lecture, students work in groups to solve toxicity-related problems in novel ways. Students will identify a problem, create a group project around the problem, and present a computationally based solution to the problem by the end of the semester.
Course Goals: 1. Present principles of computational toxicology
2. Present principles of predictive toxicology using computational tools
3. Provide opportunities for learning computationally based approaches for solving complex toxicological problems
Competencies: Students will be able to do the following:
1. Understand the basic principles of computational toxicology
2. Understand predictive toxicology using chemical structures and databases
3. Solve complex problems in new ways