Dr. Eisman's research interests include adolescent and emerging adult health, substance use and violence prevention, socioecological and strength-based theoretical frameworks, community intervention and evaluation research, implementation science, quantitative methodology and mixed-methods research.
- Ph.D., Health Behavior & Health Education, University of Michigan, 2014
- M.P.H., Health Behavior & Health Education, University of Michigan, 2011
- M.S., Occupational Therapy, University of Indianapolis, 1996
- B.A., Biological Basis of Behavior, University of Pennsylvania, 1993
Research Interests & Projects
Dr. Eisman's research interests include adolescent and emerging adult health, substance use and violence prevention, risk and resilience among youth living in socioeconomically challenged communities, intervention research in community settings, quantitative methodology and implementation research.
Her current work and ongoing projects focus on the following areas: 1) multi-level risk and protective factors associated with positive and negative outcomes among youth, 2) intervention research, 3) mixed-method approaches to studying implementation, 4) translating evidence-based interventions into community settings for youth, and 5) university-community collaborations.
- Eisman A.B., Stoddard S.A., Bauermeister J.A., Caldwell C.H., & Zimmerman M.A. (in press). Trajectories of Participation Among Urban Adolescents: Associations with Young Adult Outcomes. Journal of Community Psychology.
- Heinze J.H., Stoddard S.A., Aiyer S.M., Eisman A.B., Zimmerman M.A. (2017). Exposure to Violence During Adolescence as a Predictor of Perceived Stress Trajectories in Emerging Adulthood. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 49: 31-38.
- Eisman A.B., Zimmerman M.A., Kruger D., Reischl T., Miller A.L., Franzen S., & Morrel-Samuels, S. (2016). Psychological Empowerment Among Adolescents: Measurement Model and Associations with Youth Outcomes. American Journal of Community Psychology, 58(3-4): 410-421.
- Pisarska A., Eisman A.B., Ostaszewski K., & Zimmerman M.A. (2016). Alcohol and Cigarette Use Among Warsaw Adolescents: the Role of Social Context. Substance Use and Misuse. 51(10): 1283-1296.
- Moore S.S., Hope E.C., Eisman A.B., & Zimmerman M.A. (2016). Predictors of Civic Engagement Among Highly Involved Young Adults: Exploring the Relationship Between Agency and Systems Worldview. Journal of Community Psychology, 44(7): 888-903.
- Eisman A.B., Stoddard S.A., Caldwell C.H., Bauermeister J.A., & Zimmerman M.A. (2016). Trajectories of Participation Among Urban Adolescents: An Analysis of Predisposing Factors. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 45(1) doi:10.1007/s10964-015-0267-3
- Eisman A.B., Stoddard S.A., Heinze J., Caldwell C.H., & Zimmerman M.A. (2015). Depressive Symptoms, Social Support and Violence Exposure Among Urban Youth: A Longitudinal Study of Resilience. Developmental Psychology. 51(9):1307-16. doi: 10.1037/a0039501.
- Stoddard S.A., Eisman A.B., Aiyer S.M., & Zimmerman M.A. (2013). The Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood and Associated Substance Use/Abuse. Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews, 24(3): 611-620.
- Zimmerman M.A., Stoddard S.A., Eisman A.B., Caldwell C.H., Aiyer S.M., & Miller A.L. (2013). Adolescent Resilience: Promotive Factors that Inform Prevention. Child Development Perspectives, 7(4): 215-220.