Chief Executive Officer, National Center for Healthcare Leadership Professor, Health Systems Management, Rush University Illinois Licensed Psychologist
- M.S., Personnel/ Human Resource Development, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2000
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, College of William and Mary, 1995
- B.S., Psychology, Penn State, 1990
Research Interests & Projects
- Leadership assessment & development
- High-performance work practices
- Long-term predictors of career success
- Global trends affecting health and health services
- International trade in health services
- Garman, A. N., Johnson, T. J., & Royer, T. (2011). The future of healthcare: Global trends worth watching (Executive Essentials series), Chicago, IL . Health Administration Press
- Garman, A. N., & Lemak, C. L. (2011). The evolving leadership development agenda in healthcare. In In G. Savage & L. Friedman (Ed.) Advances in Health Care Management, volume 10: Organization development in healthcare: Conversations on research and strategies. .
- Garman, A. N. (2011). Shooting for the moon: How academicians could make management research even less irrelevant. Journal of Business and Psychology. .
- Garman, A. N., & Scribner, L. H. (2011). Quality leadership in healthcare: Development and validation of a competency model. Journal of Healthcare Management. .
- Garman, A. N., McAlearney, A. S., Harrison, M. I., Song, P. H., & McHugh, M. (2011). Toward a high-performance management system in healthcare: A literature review. Health Care Management Review. .
- Garman, A. N., Brinkmeyer, L., Gentry, D., Butler, P., & Fine, D. (2010). Healthcare leadership 'outliers': An analysis of senior administrators from the top U.S. hospitals. Journal of Health Administration Education. .
- Academy of Management
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Society of Industrial/Organizational Psychologists