Aurora Le, Ph.D., M.P.H., CPH, CSP
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences
- John G. Searle Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences
- M6242 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029
Dr. Le is an Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences at the University
of Michigan School of Public Health. She holds a B.A. in Cognitive Science from the
University of California San Diego, as well as an MPH in Community-Oriented Primary
Care, and a PhD in Health Behavior with a minor in Environmental Science from the
University of Nebraska Medical Center and Indiana University, respectively. She is
a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and Certified in Public Health (CPH). Dr. Le’s
interdisciplinary research is centered around highly infectious disease mitigation
and management, with a focus on training, education, prevention, and preparedness.
Her experience in this area includes previously assisting the Nebraska Biocontainment
Unit with their research and programmatic activities during the 2014-2016 West Africa
Ebola outbreak, serving as a subject matter expert/consultant for the National Disaster
Medical System, and continuing as a subaward PI and trainer for the National Institute
of Environmental Health Sciences Worker Training Program. She is also interested in occupational health disparities, the intersections between
health behavior, occupational safety, and industrial hygiene, as well as psychosocial
factors that influence occupational health
- Ph.D., Health Behavior (minor Environmental Science), Indiana University School of Public Health, 2020
- M.P.H., Community-Oriented Primary Care, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health, 2016
- B.A., Cognitive Science, University of California, San Diego, 2012
- Highly infectious disease mitigation and management, particularly in non-healthcare workers
- Intersection between industrial hygiene, occupational safety, and health behavior
- Psychosocial factors that impact occupational health
- Occupational health disparities
1. Le, A.B. , Wong, S.W., Lin, H.C., Smith, T.D. (2020). The Association between Union Status and
Perceptions of Safety Climate among U.S. Adult Workers. Safety Science, 133(2021):1-9.
2. Le, A.B. , McNulty, L.A., Dyal, M.A., DeJoy, D.M., Smith, T.D. (2020). Firefighter overexertion: A continuing problem found in an analysis of non-fatal injuries among career firefighters. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(21): 1-11.
1. Dang, J.V., Rosemberg, M.A.., Le, A.B. Perceived Work Exposures and Health Risks Among Michigan Nail Salon Workers. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/
1. Le, A.B. , Brooks, E.G., McNulty, L.A., Gill, J.R., Herstein, J.J., Rios, J. Patlovich, S.J., Jelden, K.C., Schmid, K. K., Lowe, J.J., Gibbs, S.G. (2019). U.S. Medical Examiner/Coroner Capabilities to Handle Highly Infectious Decedents. Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology, 15(1), 31-40.
1. Le, A.B. , Buehler, S.A., Maniscalco, P.M., Lane, P., Rupp, L., Ernest, E., Von Seggern, D., West, K., Herstein, J.J., Jelden, K.C., Beam, E.L., Gibbs, S.G., Lowe, J.J. (2018). Determining Training and Education Needs Pertaining to Highly Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response: A Gap Analysis Survey of U.S. Emergency Medical Services Practitioners. American Journal of Infection Control, 46(3), 246-252.
2. Le, A.B. , Hoboy, S., Germain, A., Miller, H., Thompson, R., Herstein, J.J., Jelden, K.C., Beam, E.L., Gibbs, S.G., Lowe, J.J. (2018). A Pilot Survey of the United States Medical Waste Industry to Determine Education and Training Needs for Safely Handling Highly Infectious Waste. American Journal of Infection Control, 46(2), 133-138.
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- American Society for Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Delta Omega Honorary Public Health Society
- Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society (MIHS)