Aurora Le, Ph.D., M.P.H., CPH, CSP
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences
- M6242 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029
Dr. Le is an Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. She holds a B.A. in Cognitive Science from the University of California San Diego, as well as an MPH in Community-Oriented Primary Care, and a PhD in Health Behavior with a minor in Environmental Science from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Indiana University, respectively. She is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and Certified in Public Health (CPH). Dr. Le’s interdisciplinary research is centered around highly infectious disease mitigation and management, with a focus on training, education, prevention, and preparedness. Her experience in this area includes previously assisting the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit with their research and programmatic activities during the 2014-2016 West Africa Ebola outbreak, serving as a subject matter expert/consultant for the National Disaster Medical System, and continuing as a subaward PI and trainer for the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Worker Training Program. She is also interested in the intersections between health behavior, occupational safety, and industrial hygiene, as well as psychosocial factors that influence occupational health.
- Ph.D., Health Behavior (minor Environmental Science), Indiana University School of Public Health, 2020
- M.P.H., Community-Oriented Primary Care, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health, 2016
- B.A., Cognitive Science, University of California, San Diego, 2012
- Highly infectious disease mitigation and management, particularly in non-healthcare workers
- Intersection between industrial hygiene, occupational safety, and health behavior
- Psychosocial factors that impact occupational health
- Le, A.B., Buehler, S.*, Maniscalco, P.M., Lane, P., Rupp, L., Ernest, E., Von Seggern, D., West, K., Herstein, J.J., Jelden, K.C., Beam, E.L., Gibbs, S.G., Lowe, J.J. (2018). Determining Training and Education Needs Pertaining to Highly Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response: A Gap Analysis Survey of U.S. Emergency Medical Services Practitioners. American Journal of Infection Control, 46(3), 246-252
- Herstein, J.J., Biddinger, P.D., Kraft, C., Saiman, L., Gibbs, S.G., Le, A.B., Smith, P.W., Hewlett, A., Lowe, J.J. (2016). Current Capabilities and Capacity of Ebola Treatment Centers in the United States. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 37(3), 313-318.
- Le, A.B., Brooks, E.G., McNulty*, L.A., Gill, J.R., Herstein, J.J., Rios, J. Patlovich, S.J., Jelden, K.C., Schmid, K. K., Lowe, J.J., Gibbs, S.G. (2018). U.S. Medical Examiner/Coroner Capabilities to Handle Highly Infectious Decedents. Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology, 15(1), 31-40.
- Gibbs, S.G., Herstein, J.J., Le, A.B., Beam, E.L., Cieslak, T.J., Lawler, J.V., Santarpia, J.L., Stentz, T.L., Kopocis-Herstein, K., Achutan, C., Carter, G.W., Lowe, J.J. (2019). Review of Literature for Aeromedical Evacuation High-Level Containment Transport. Air Medical Journal, 38: 359-365.
- Smith, T.D., Yu, Z. Le, A.B. (2020). An Examination of Work Interference with Family Using Data from a Sample of Workers Participating in the General Social Survey and NIOSH Quality of Worklife Module. Journal of Family Issues. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0192513X20927758
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- American Society for Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Delta Omega