Independent Consultant (2015-present)
Adjunct Assistant Research Scientist, UM-SPH Department of Epidemiology (2015-present)
Assistant Research Scientist, UM-SPH Department of Epidemiology (2012-2015)
Research Investigator, UM-SPH Department of Epidemiology (2005-2012)
Communicable Disease Epidemiologist, Michigan Department of Community Health (1998-2007)
Ph.D. – Epidemiologic Science - University of Michigan School of Public Health (2000)
M.P.H. – International Health/Population Studies – Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine (1995)
B.A. – Political Science/International Relations - University of California, San Diego (1993)
Research Interests & Projects
Dr. Montgomery’s expertise centers on using surveillance data to control infectious diseases in a variety of settings. She continue to seek new ways to assist health officials, community-based organizations, non-governmental organizations, and health care providers to solve local and global disease control problems through the application and interpretation of epidemiology.
- Wang, X., Boulton, M.L., Montgomery, J.P., Carlson, B., Zhang, Y., Gillespie, B., Wagner, A.L., Ding, Y., Luo, X., Hong, T., “The Epidemiology of Measles in Tianjin China, 2005-2014.” Vaccine. Oct. 2015 epub ahead of print.
- Montgomery, J.P., Zhang, Y., Carlson, B.F., Ewing, S., Wang, X., Boulton, M.L. “Measles vaccine coverage and series completion among children aged 0-8 years in Tianjin, China.” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. March 2015.
- Lantz, P.M., Alexander, J.A., Adolf, C., Montgomery, J.P., “State Government Organization of Health Services, 1990-2009: Correlates and Consequences.” Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2014 Mar-Apr;20(2):160-7.
- Rees-Clayton, E., Montgomery, J.P., Enger, K., Boulton, M.L.. Trends in Michigan Early Adolescent Immunizations, 2006-2008. American Journal of Public Health. 2012; 102 (9) 1735-1741.
- Montgomery, J.P., Zhang, Y., Wells, E.V., Liu, Y., Clayton, J.L., Wang, X., Boulton, M.L., Human Rabies in Tianjin, China. Journal of Public Health. Dec. 2012; 34 (4), 505-511.