Douglas L. Strong, M.B.A.
- UMHHC, 300 N. Ingalls, Room NI4A04
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5474
Doug Strong became Director and Chief Executive Officer of the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers in August 2006 after serving as interim in that role since October 2005. He joined the University of Michigan Health System in 1998 as Associate Vice President for Health System Finance and Strategy. In 2002 he was also named Interim Chief Financial Officer, and assumed the post permanently in 2004. Prior to coming to the University of Michigan, Strong worked at four other academic medical centers over a 20-year time frame. Strong came to the University of Michigan from the University of Chicago, where he served as Chief Financial Officer and Associate Dean of the Pritzker School of Medicine and the Biological Sciences Division. Previously, he was Associate Dean for Administration and Finance at the School of Medicine of the State University of New York at Stony Brook and Associate Dean of Planning and Operations at the Saint Louis University School of Medicine. He also held several positions at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- M.B.A., Health Care Administration, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1988
- M.A., American History, School of Arts & Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, 1977
- B.A., Government, Franklin and Marshall College, University of Pennsylvania, 1973
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs
- Greater Detroit Area Health Council
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association
- University Health System Consortium