Yilun Sun, Ph.D.
Yilun Sun is a Research Assistant Professor in the Departments of Radiation Oncology and Biostatistics. He received his PhD in Biostatistics from the University of Michigan in 2019. His PhD work focused on nonparametric statistical methods for missing data and dynamic treatment regimes. His research interests include developing interpretable, data-driven personalized treatment rules, cancer genetics, as well as early-phase oncology clinical trials. Yilun has been extensively collaborating with clinicians and biologists to develop and improve individualized radiation therapy and understand the role of genetic markers in radiosensitization.
- 6/2015 – 8/2019 Ph.D. in Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- 9/2013 – 5/2015 M.S. in Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- 9/2007 – 7/2011 B.S. in Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China
Data-driven precision medicine, nonparametric statistics, causal inference, scalable computation, clinical trial design and analysis
- Sun Y, Wang L, Han P. Multiply Robust Estimation in Nonparametric Regression with Missing Data. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics 2019. doi: 10.1080/10485252.2019.1700254 (to appear)
- Cuneo KC, Devasia T, Sun Y, Schipper MJ, Karnak D, Davis MA, Owen D, Feng M, El Naqa I, Bazzi L, Ten Haken RK, Lawrence TS. Serum Levels of Hepatocyte Growth Factor and CD40 Ligand Predict Radiation-Induced Liver Injury. Translational Oncology 2019;12:889–94. doi:10.1016/j.tranon.2019.04.003.
- Hawkins PG, Sun Y, Dess RT, Jackson WC, Sun G, Bi N, Tewari M, Hayman JA, Kalemkerian GP, Gadgeel SM, Lawrence TS, Ten Haken RK, Matuszak MM, Schipper MJ, Jolly S. Circulating microRNAs as biomarkers of radiation-induced cardiac toxicity in non-small-cell lung cancer. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 2019;145:1635. doi:10.1007/s00432-019-02903-5.
- Sun Y, Hawkins PG, Bi N, Dess RT, Tewari M, Hearn JW, Hayman JA, Kalemkerian GP, Lawrence TS, Ten Haken RK, Matuszak MM, Kong S, Jolly S, Schipper MJ. Serum MicroRNA Signature Predicts Response to High-Dose Radiation Therapy in Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics 2018;100:107–14. doi:10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.08.039.
- Dess RT, Sun Y, Matuszak MM, Sun G, Soni PD, Bazzi L, Murthy VL, Hearn JW, Kong FM, Kalemkerian GP, Hayman JA, Ten Haken RK, Lawrence TS, Schipper MJ, Jolly S. Cardiac Events After Radiation Therapy: Combined Analysis of Prospective Multicenter Trials for Locally Advanced Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2017;35:1395–402. doi:10.1200/jco.2016.71.6142.
- Hoban CW, Beesley LJ, Bellile EL, Sun Y, Spector ME, Wolf GT, Taylor JM, Shuman AG. Individualized outcome prognostication for patients with laryngeal cancer. Cancer 2017;124:706–16. doi:10.1002/cncr.31087.
- Prince V, Bellile EL, Sun Y, Wolf GT, Hoban CW, Shuman AG, Taylor JM. Individualized risk prediction of outcomes for oral cavity cancer patients. Oral Oncology 2016;63:66–73. doi:10.1016/j.oraloncology.2016.11.005.