Ph.D. Student Profile
Landon Hughes, B.A.
- Doctoral Candidate
- Cognate: Demography
- B.A., Political Science and Sociology, Grand Valley State University (2014)
Research Interests & Projects
- Transgender health
- Public policy
- Health inequality
- Structural and social health factors
- Value-based payment models
- Hughes LD, Kidd K, Gamarel KE, Operario D, Dowshen N. “These Laws will be Devastating”: Provider Perspectives on Legislation Banning Gender-Affirming Care for Transgender Adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 2021 (in press).
- Hughes LD, Gamarel KE, King WM, Goldenberg T, Jaccard J, Geronimus AT. State-Level Policy Stigma and Non-Prescribed Hormones Use among Trans Populations in the United States: A Mediational Analysis of Insurance and Anticipated Stigma. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 2021; 55(10).
- Hughes LD, Shireman TI, Hughto J. Privately Insured Transgender People Are at Elevated Risk For Chronic Conditions Compared With Cisgender Counterparts. Health Affairs, 2021; 40(9) 1440-1448.
- Hughes, LD, Berzin OK, Leung, MY, Hersey C, Grallert S. Adapting Health Care Quality Measures to Transgender Individuals. LGBT Health, 2017; 4(4), 167–178.
- Rackham Merit Fellowship (2017- 2022)
- Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant Awardee, University of Michigan (2021-2022)
- Weinberg Grant Awardee, University of Michigan Institute for Social Research (2019-2020)
- Pre-Doc Trainee Fellowship, National Institute on Aging (2018-2019)
- Pre-Doctoral Trainee, National Institute of Child Health and Development (2017-2018)