Ph.D. Student Profile
Sasha Zhou, B.S., M.H.S.A.
- Doctoral Student (2018): Health Services Organization and Policy
- Cognate: Sociology
- BS, Neuroscience (2008); MPH, Health Behavior Health Education (2013)
- MHSA, Health Management and Policy (2013); University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Research Interests & Projects
- Mental health and service utilization from a sociological and public health perspective
- Race and ethnic disparities in college student mental health
- Help-seeking and treatment barriers of marginalized populations at a domestic and international level
- Policy- and practice-relevant applications of health disparities research
I am currently a part of the Health Minds Network research team, examining mental health trends of college students and their impact on health behaviors, physical health, and social, education, and economic outcomes.