Ph.D. Student Profile
- Bachelor of Management. Nankai University, Tianjin, China
- Master of Health Services Administration. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Master of Applied Economics. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Research Interests & Projects
Health economics, long-term care and aging, the role of ownership of healthcare organizations,
public reporting, health insurance, program evaluation, global health policy
Job Market Paper: Do better quality star ratings improve firms’ financial performance? Evidence from the nursing home industry
- Hirth, R.A., Q. Zheng, D.C. Grabowski, D.G. Stevenson, O. Intrator and J. Banazak-Holl. The effects of chains on the measurement of competition in the nursing home industry. Medical Care Research and Review. 1077558717701771, April 2017.
- Grabowski, D.C., R.A. Hirth, O. Intrator, Y. Li, J. Richardson, D.G. Stevenson, Q. Zheng and J. Banaszak-Holl. Low-quality nursing homes were more likely than other nursing homes to be bought or sold by chains in 1993–2010. Health Affairs, 35(5), pp.907-914, 2016.