Experts Guide for Media
SPH Faculty Experts for Genetics
Michael Boehnke, PhD
Professor in Biostatistics
Phone: (734) 936-1001 E-mail: email@example.com
- Research focuses on problems of study design and statistical analysis of human genetic data, with a particular emphasis on development and application of statistical methods for human gene mapping. MORE
Dana Dolinoy, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair in Environmental Health Sciences
Phone: (734) 647-3155 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dana Dolinoy's lab investigates environmental epigenetics and gene-environment interactions. It is increasingly recognized that environmental exposure to chemical, nutritional, and behavioral factors alters gene expression and affects health and disease by not only mutating promoter and coding regions of genes, but also by modifying the epigenome. MORE
Sharon Kardia, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Dean for Administration and Professor in Epidemiology
Phone: (734) 936-0866 E-mail: email@example.com
- Co-director of the UM Life Sciences & Society program (http://www.lifesciences.umich.edu/lss/index.html); director of the SPH Public Health Genetics Program. MORE
Carl Marrs, PhD
Associate Professor in Epidemiology
Phone: (734) 647-2407 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Involved in molecular epidemiologic approaches to urinary tract infection gene discovery & Group B Streptococcus; also works on virulence related genetic variation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis & the Haemophilus influenzae genes associated with acute otitis media (ear infection). MORE
Scott Roberts, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Health Behavior and Health Education
Phone: 734-936-9854 E-mail: email@example.com
- Research focuses on how people respond to genetic testing for risk of adult-onset disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease and cancer. MORE