Winter 2018 Semester
- Jan19SPH Bar CrawlTo start off 2018, join PHSA on a Bar Crawl through the crisp Ann Arbor weather and
warm up with a couple drinks with the best people in town! Starts at 9:00 PM at Bar
Louie. Contact Janani Muthaiya for more information!9:00 PMBar Louie, Pretzel Bell, Babs
- Jan23Winter Blood Drive The American Red Cross will be conducting a blood drive PHSA and the American Red
Cross will be holding a blood drive at SPH. Interested in donating? Follow these steps:
If you are unsure if you are eligible to donate, you can learn more about the donation
process here.9:00 AM - 3:00 PMCommunity Room - 1680 SPH I
- Visit the American Red Cross website.
- Type "goblue" for the sponsor code in the top right corner.
- Find January 23rd and click on "U of M School of Public Health."
- Click "Give Blood" next to the time you are available.
- Follow the steps given to confirm your appointment.
- Jan30Winter Fireside Chat Join us to meet representatives of your student government, PHSA, and discuss goings-on
at SPH! Let us know what changes you would like to see at our school and what you
think is going well. Our winter fireside chat will specifically focus on career services
at SPH. Plus... Enjoy free dinner from Jerusalem Garden!6:00 PMCommunity Room - 1680 SPH I
- Feb4SPH Ice Skating at Yost! Join your SPH friends for an evening of ice skating at Yost. Rentals and ice time
all completely free! Snacks and hot drinks provided! Take the opportunity to show
off your skills and grace the same ice on which UM Hockey dominates the rest of the
P.S. - We've heard there's some sort of football game this same evening. But hey,
why not try something new this year! Or just come during halftime!7:00 - 9:00 PMYost Ice Arena
- Feb8First Year Social Fred's (403 E Washington St.)
- Feb15Winter Stressbuster Take a mid-semester break for mental well-being and fun! We'll provide the games and
coloring and free food! You provide the stress for us to totally bust!AfternoonCommunity Room - 1680 SPH I
- Feb19Alumni Networking Panel
- Mar8PHSA Elections Info Session Come out to learn more about how you can run for a senate position on your SPH student
- Mar10SPH Formal PHSA's signature yearly event, the SPH Formal, will be held at the Ann Arbor Hands-On
Museum this year! The kids will be kicked out of the pool, cuz it's adult swim time.
Get fancied up and act all refined and mature, while releasing your inner child! All
the fun exhibits and gadgets will be ours to play with. Finger foods provided; drinks
available via cash bar. Stay tuned for emails and facebook posts on the PHSA page
for information on how to get your tickets (they'll go fast!).Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Mar19PHSA Nominations Get involved with your student government next academic year! Nominations for most
of PHSA board positions are open the week of March 19-23. Nominate friends or yourself!
Check your email for a link to the Google nomination form. And see our Elections page for more information.
- Mar24SPH Service Day Various Locations
- Mar26PHSA Elections Get involved with PHSA, your student government, and impact the way your school operates
while serving the SPH study body. Elections for many open PHSA positions, for Fall
2018, will be open the week of March 26 - 30. Check your email for a link to the election
form. And see our Elections page for more information.
- Mar305th Annual Chili CookoffPHSA & HMP Class Reps will be hosting the 5th annual Chili Cookoff filled with food,
drink and friends. This year's competition will again be a team sport consisting of
4 members. There will be a member in charge of each course: Appetizer, Chili, Dessert
as well as Drinks (Alcoholic/Non-alcoholic). If you are a general attendee/tasting
judge, no need to bring anything. Just enjoy some delicious dishes brought to you
by all the teams. We do ask you for a donation of $5 to benefit the Delonis Homeless
Shelter. If you are a competitor, there will be prize for the winner of each individual
course AND the winning team (by total votes). Check your email for RSVP and signup
information. 6:30 - 9:30 PM1680 SPH I - Community Room