Deadlines & Resources
- Tuesday, March 5: Deadline to order academic attire with free shipping to SPH
- Friday, March 15: Deadline to apply for graduation, in Wolverine Access, if you want to have your name in the SPH Commencement Program and the UM Commencement Program
- Tuesday, April 9: Deadline to make arrangements to accommodate your guests with disabilities:
- Monday, April 15: Deadline to order academic attire with paid shipping to your home
- Tuesday, April 23: Deadline to apply to attend the SPH graduation ceremony
- Tuesday, April 23: Deadline to apply for graduation, in Wolverine Access, to receive your degree. (If you do not apply prior to this deadline, you will need to apply for Summer 2019 graduation instead.)
- Thursday, May 2, 11:30 a.m.: Time to arrive at Hill Auditorium for the ceremony
- Thursday, May 2, 12:15 p.m.: Latest time to be in your seat for the Hill Auditorium ceremony
Graduation Ceremony Dates
- School of Public Health Graduation: Hill Auditorium, May 2, 2019, 12:30 p.m.
- University Graduate Exercises (Rackham), Hill Auditorium, May 3, 2019, 10:00 a.m.
- University-wide Spring Commencement, Michigan Stadium, May 4, 2019, 10:00 a.m.
The Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI) hosts additional Commencement Celebrations to supplement the traditional UM graduation, which are also held during graduation week, to express appreciation for the achievements, commonalities, and cultural differences that characterize the experiences of Middle Eastern/North African, African American, Latinx and Native students. The celebration dates and deadlines to apply to participate in these Commencement Celebrations are as follows:
- April 25, 2019 - Middle Eastern/North African Student (ME/NA) Celebration: Deadline to apply to participate is Sunday, March 24
- Date TBD - Asian/Pacific Islander (API) Graduation
- May 4, 2019 - Black Celebratory: Deadline to apply to participate is Friday, February 22
- May 3, 2019 - La Celebración Latina: Deadline to apply to participate is Friday, March 15
- Date TBD - Native Student Graduation Celebration
The applications for all Commencement Celebrations can be found on the OAMI Program Application webpage.
- General Information and Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Attire Rental/Sales: Barnes and Noble at the Pierpont Commons University of Michigan Bookstore, 734-668-6022
- Additional University Graduation Events: http://commencement.umich.edu/spring-commencement/schedules/school-college-ceremonies/
- University Commencement Hotline: 734-647-6037
- Campus Information Centers: 734-764-4636
- Diploma and Transcript Office: 734-763-9066