Conferences, Travel and Professional Development

Program Support

Undergraduate students at the University of Michigan School of Public Health who are accepted to present research findings at a conference can request funds for conference registration and travel related expenses (up to $500) from the Office of Undergraduate Education. These funds are only available to students presenting at a conference, not to those who only wish to attend a conference. 

Office of Global Public Health

The Office of Global Health at the School of Public Health fosters a collaborative and coordinated approach to global health research and activities across all departments in the school. They provide and promote many funding opportunities, including the following:

Public Health Study Abroad Scholarship

The Office of Undergraduate Education offers financial support to students interested in studying abroad. Once enrolled in the public health major, students may only study abroad in spring and summer terms. Students currently enrolled (and newly matriculated) in the undergraduate program at the School of Public Health may apply for study abroad funding on M-Compass.

IPE Travel Grant

The Center for Interprofessional Education (IPE) is a coordinating center for IPE and collaborative care efforts at the University of Michigan. This travel grant is designed to enable University of Michigan faculty and students involved in interprofessional education or practice to attend conferences or meetings that provide them with the opportunity to expand knowledge and skills and/or advance research activities related to the mission of the Center for Interprofessional Education.